Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el

From: Mehmet Tekman
Subject: Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 18:20:55 +0200

> It will be great if you could do it.
> I have other things to work on.

Of course! I'm just a little unfamiliar on how one coordinates active
collaboration via mailing list :-)

Anyways - I did it, and it took less time than I thought

> We should modify it. For example like the following:
>
> 1. We will assume that :any can only occur one time in the exclusive
>    groups. (Otherwise, there is no single definite way to parse header
>    arguments)
> 2. Merge function will treat :any specially - when parameter does not
>    match any of the argument values from all the groups combined, it is
>    considered as :any and replace the previous corresponding values in
>    its exclusive group, if any;
>    In other words, we will need a special match for :any - "anything not
>    equal to other values in all the groups combined".

I've modified the `merge' function within `org-babel-merge-params' so
that the main logic now accumulates a list of potential candidates that
could be the :any keyword, and selects the last added candidate as the
match.

The first two patches are very minor, simply adding
tangle-exclusive-groups using the existing code templates. The last
patch is the merge function rewrite.

It all seems to be passing tests, though I would like to add my toy.org
file to the org testing framework at some point.

Best,
Mehmet