Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el

From: mtekman89
Subject: Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 13:06:29 +0200

> 1. We will assume that :any can only occur one time in the exclusive
>    groups. (Otherwise, there is no single definite way to parse header
>    arguments)

Makes sense (or we could revamp all header parsing into some kind of
finite state machine… (I joke… for now…))

> 2. Merge function will treat :any specially - when parameter does not
>    match any of the argument values from all the groups combined, it is
>    considered as :any and replace the previous corresponding values in
>    its exclusive group, if any;

This is something that I do in my `org-babel--handle-tangle-args', where
the "filename" argument is the result of eliminating all other entries
in the group.

>    In other words, we will need a special match for :any - "anything not
>    equal to other values in all the groups combined".

Agreed, and I can try putting together something working in a day or
two. Or, if this is something you can easily implement yourself, please
do let me know.

Best,
Mehmet