Re: Exporting Hyperlinks ?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Exporting Hyperlinks ?
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 09:37:54 +0000

>> If \href{file.pdf#anchor} can work, we should indeed use it when
>> publishing org->pdf.
>
> It would be nice to have a LaTeX package that redefines \label to
> generated \hypertarget from its argument.

Can't we simply generate a pair of \label + \hypertarget when generating
.tex files in ox-latex? This way, we can make sure that labels in
Org-generated pdfs will be linkable from outside world.

> Ideally, xr-hyper workflow should be supported as well. A downside is
> anchors are not stable and unrelated to labels.

I think that generating \hypertarget + converting .org file links to
.pdf links will already be a good improvement.

Using xr-hyper requires knowledge of external files we link to and thus
can only be used during publishing, where we have all the information
about multiple exported Org documents available.

> P.S. (info "(org) Publishing")
> declares that conversion to PDF is supported.

It is indeed supported. But not with all the features HTML export
provides. Cross-references is one of the missing features in PDF
publishing.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,