Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands

From: Matt
Subject: Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 18:48:49 +0100

 ---- On Thu, 09 Nov 2023 13:13:36 +0100  Ihor Radchenko  wrote ---

 > A bigger problem is that errors *Org Babel Error
 > Output* are not clickable:

Interesting.

 > So, it looks like we may need an alternative `org-babel-eval' function
 > that works with script files rather than input and arranges
 > stdout/stderr separation.

Yes, it seems like a separate handler may be in order.

 > We should reuse `process-file' in this scenario as well,
 > but utilizing its ARGS argument + arrange to generate the temporary
 > script file in the appropriate context - see `make-nearby-temp-file'.

I was unaware of `make-nearby-temp-file'.  Thank you.  It's helpful for this
situation.

I'm not in a position to address these points right now.  My main focus is
re-familiarizing myself with the =ob-shell= and =ob-comint= source.  When I was
implementing async shell evaluatation earlier this year, I remember having the
impression that execution paths, especially `org-babel-comint-with-output',
could probably be simplified.  It seems to me that everything we're talking
about in this thread aligns with that objective.  I've made a note of your
points and have every intention to return to them when I get to writing code.
However, don't let me stop you if this is something you were interested in
doing.  I'll do what I can to assist.