Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:55:52 +0100

Ihor Radchenko writes on Fri 17 Nov 2023 09:22:

 > I think that I need to clarify here.

Thank you.

Well, thank you for _trying_: most of the discussion in this thread is
way beyond my pay grade.

At the most basic user level (i.e., non lisp aware), why is it not
necessarily a bug if "something" does the expected in an X terminal
but not in an emacs terminal?  I think Matt and I (and others) are on
the same page here, and he already essentially drafted the bug report
I would have sent (only better).

What also confuses me is that it seems to me that, in the minimum
working example, you consider the ssh command and the read command as
equivalent.  But I don't even enter the password when using ssh...

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr