Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands

From: Leo Butler
Subject: Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 15:32:18 +0000

On Fri, Nov 17 2023, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> I was only able to reproduce your problem with ssh asking a password.
> We are discussing the reproduced case.
>
> If you see problems with
>
>    #+begin_src bash :results output
>    ssh cochard@fruc.u-strasbg.fr "echo foo>foo_file"
>    echo "bar"
>    #+end_src
>
> even when ssh does not ask for a password, please provide more detailed
> reproducer that we can replicate locally without guessing your ssh config.

I think you are confused, Ihor. The bug was confirmed here:

https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87bkcmlor9.fsf@t14.reltub.ca/

I mis-identified the culprit; you corrected me by pointing out the bug
is in `process-file'. And you confirmed the bug:

https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/87fs1xbis1.fsf@localhost/

Russell Adams and I suggested ssh-specific work-arounds that prevent ssh
from grabbing stdin (either -n or -f).

Leo