Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: problem

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 10:11:03 +0700

On 18/11/2023 05:07, Matt wrote:
Consider calling

     bash -c bash /tmp/two-lines.sh

Matt, could you, please, describe what this command should do accordingly to your expectations?

From my point of view it was a plain mistake in attempts to simulate the issue outside of Emacs. There is no point to concentrate on this command. I tried to explain that it is incorrect usage of "-c" shell option and what is the actual effect of this call, but I seems I failed.

Hints:
- Try this command in a regular shell prompt outside of Emacs
- Try "echo $$" before and after this command
- Try it with a script having a clear side effect and check whether it is produced, e.g. "date >>/tmp/touch-tmp-file.txt"