Re: Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: pro

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:29:56 +0100

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

>  ---- On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 04:11:03 +0100  Max Nikulin  wrote ---
>
>  > >      bash -c bash /tmp/two-lines.sh
>  >
>  >  From my point of view it was a plain mistake in attempts to simulate
>  > the issue outside of Emacs. There is no point to concentrate on this
>  > command. I tried to explain that it is incorrect usage of "-c" shell
>  > option and what is the actual effect of this call, but I seems I failed.
>
> As an ob-shell user, my expectation is that execution within Org produces the
> same behavior as outside of Emacs.  This is why I've focused on the command.
> It acts as a guide for what is "correct."  Maybe this is misguided for a
> reason I don't yet see?

IIUC, what Max is saying is that you should not concentrate on
*that specific command* because that command doesn't do what you think
it does.

To reproduce, I'm personally still using:

    cat /tmp/test.sh | bash

which is, IIUC, what:

    (process-file "bash" "/tmp/test.sh")

is doing, that is:

   The program’s input comes from file INFILE

Bruno