Re: Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: pro

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:11:20 +0100

 ---- On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 04:11:03 +0100  Max Nikulin  wrote ---

 > >      bash -c bash /tmp/two-lines.sh
 >
 >  From my point of view it was a plain mistake in attempts to simulate
 > the issue outside of Emacs. There is no point to concentrate on this
 > command. I tried to explain that it is incorrect usage of "-c" shell
 > option and what is the actual effect of this call, but I seems I failed.

As an ob-shell user, my expectation is that execution within Org produces the
same behavior as outside of Emacs.  This is why I've focused on the command.
It acts as a guide for what is "correct."  Maybe this is misguided for a reason
I don't yet see?

I concluded that the command is not "what Emacs does" and therefore isn't a
valid source of "truth".  I agree it's not worth concentrating on it further.