Re: Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: pro

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Forget about "bash -c bash file.sh" (Re: bash source code block: problem after ssh commands)
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:43:48 +0100

 ---- On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 09:29:56 +0100  Bruno Barbier

 > IIUC, what Max is saying is that you should not concentrate on
 > *that specific command* because that command doesn't do what you think
 > it does.

Cool, it sounds like we're agreed (albeit for different reasons).

 > To reproduce, I'm personally still using:
 >
 >     cat /tmp/test.sh | bash
 >
 > which is, IIUC, what:
 >
 >     (process-file "bash" "/tmp/test.sh")

Yes, agreed.  I think that's more like what's happening.

What about the ("-c" "bash") passed into process-file?

The whole call looks like this:

    (process-file
       "bash"
       "/tmp/two-lines.sh"
       '(t "/tmp/babel-mS0Yyg/ob-error-AoxNqH")
       nil
       "-c" "bash")