Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 08:00:33 +0000

Hi Marvin,

On Tuesday, 28 Nov 2023 at 03:09, Doyley, Marvin M. wrote:
> I have been trying to configure mbsync to download email from MS
> Outlook.  Unfortunately, the new oauth2 authentication makes things
> difficult, especially since my institution has disabled the Azure App
> permission.
>
> Does anybody have a workaround?  I just want the email message to be
> linked to my todos, which is almost impossible.

My institution is the same.

I solved this problem by using davmail [1] as an intermediary.  This
works well interacting with MS Exchange servers with multi-factor
authentication.  I then use gnus to read my emails.

HTH,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]  https://davmail.sourceforge.net/

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f in Emacs 30.0.50