Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:08:49 +0100

    Ihor> Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

    >> ... except when institution prohibits redirecting to another
    >> email provider -- my case ...

    Ihor> I would then simply use another email for most of the
    Ihor> communication.  The institution email would then just be
    Ihor> needed to communicate with institute-wide announcements.

That's a possibility I had indeed thought about, because also for me
it's forbidden to forward (automatically or not) stuff outwards from the
domain. I think it's not forbidden to "move" or sync emails to local
disk, as far as I can see, though I was not able to reasonably
automatize that (like with davmail, though that almost worked for a time
resp. partially...)

For institutional seasonal greetings or general announcements the
muddled outlook access would even be acceptable for me, who
cares. Unfortunately, there are many emails (from inside the
organization, a university) that are individual, relevant, and at times
urgent and requiring (re-)action and preferably efficient
organization, overview, and handling, but I cannot use alternative
email-addresses for that.

Martin