Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:10:37 +0000

Hi Martin,

On Tuesday, 28 Nov 2023 at 09:40, Martin Steffen wrote:
> that leaves people like me out in the rain, someone who just wants a
> reliable, stable plain old email server which is widely compatible
> (even if only backward compatible) and the leaves the choice of
> mailreader(s)q to the user.  [...]  My current goal is not to get
> access to the server enabled properly again, but to get the emails
> (automatically) off the server, like 20+ years ago, when internet and
> access to servers was unrealiable over "modem" dial-ups. So back to
> the future, so to say.

I share your pain. :-( Hard to believe that the 80s or 90s were the
pinnacle of computing when it comes to email (not to mention newsgroups
although there is promise in ActivityPub related approaches).

Luckily, for me, davmail (currently) works.  And I use POP to make sure
I have copies of all of my emails.  Links from org to my emails will
always continue to work and I do not depend on the server once
downloaded.

eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f in Emacs 30.0.50