Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Getting email from MS outlook into emacs
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 08:58:45 +0000

On Tuesday, 28 Nov 2023 at 08:34, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> ... except when institution also prohibits anything but MS Outlook to
> access the MS Exchange protocol.

Indeed but my experience has often been that such restrictive practices
are the result of blind clicking on the part of the IT department and
can be rescinded through discussion with them.  Over the years I have
been in my current institution, I have had these kinds of discussions
several times (using Linux, not Windows; using other MUAs, not Outlook;
etc.) and have managed to get the access I needed almost always.

But some places are probably a lost cause in this regard unfortunately.
Tail wagging the dog comes to mind...

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.7-661-g34ee6f in Emacs 30.0.50