Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks

From: Stefan Nobis
Subject: Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 09:29:06 +0100

Hi Juan,

first of all: Thank you for your great work. Looks really good.

Just out of curiosity: Why a special syntax for alias expansion?

>From a syntax and user point of view, I think I would prefer a simpler
syntax. So

    &alias{text}

would check if an alias is registered and if yes use it. This way it
would be easier to change/add options later on without the need for
changing all the inline-block commands and add a "!" (not a big deal,
just two rather simple replace commands).

But even as it is it's a very nice and welcome extension (at least to
me)!

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.