Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 20:29:03 +0000

Hi again,

The odt backend is now complete with the `org-odt-inline-special-block'
function. Some particularities of exporting to odt:

- The only specific attribute is :odt-style, which overrides the default
  style. Example:

&foo{lorem ipsum} ==> the style is "foo"

&foo[:odt-style bar]{lorem ipsum} ==> the style is "bar". Same with the
anonymous variant &_[:odt-style bar]{lorem ipsum}.

- The three global attributes supported in the LaTeX and HTML backends
  are also supported in odt: `:lang', `:color' and `:smallcaps'. I have
  learned that these direct format elements are in odt "automatic
  styles", which must be declared before the body. I haven't thought of
  any other way to do it than using a list of automatic styles that is
  inserted inside `org-odt-template', with each export. Some examples with
  various combinations:

&foo[:color magenta :odt-style Bold]{this is magenta and bold}

&foo[:color red :odt-style Emphasis]{this is red and emphasis}

&Underline[:color green]{this is green and underline}

&foo[:color blue]{this is blue with &_[:smallcaps t]{smallcaps}}

And a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/KNhYQrv.png

Best regards,

Juan Manuel