Re: `:export' attribute?: Re: Experimental public branch for inline spec

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: `:export' attribute?: Re: Experimental public branch for inline special blocks
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 13:54:24 +0000

Juan Manuel Macías writes:

> I'm thinking about adding a new global attribute, `:export', that
> would granularly control whether or not to export the object and how to
> export it.
>
> Possible values: "noexport", "contents" (it would export only the content)
> or the backends to which you want to export, separated by spaces. Each
> backend should be followed by a "+" sign (= export all) or "*" (export
> content only). For example:
>
> @foo[:color red :export latex+ odt* html*]{lorem ipsum dolor}
>
> This means that "lorem ipsum dolor" would be exported with color format
> to LaTeX, but only the content would be exported to odt and html.

I have implemented the new :export attribute in the last commit, to
experiment (in any case, it can always be reverted). The syntax and
usage are as described in the previous message. An example, where we
define an alias for inline comments and another for highlighted text: It
will only be exported as highlighted text to LaTeX (using the lua-ul
package for LuaLaTeX); only the content will be exported to HTML; and it
will not be exported to the rest of the backends.

:export "latex+ html*" :latex-command "highLight"))
#+latex_header: \usepackage{xcolor,luacolor,lua-ul}
#+latex_compiler: lualatex

@hl{this is highlighted text, only in LaTeX} @comment{this is a comment}

--
Juan Manuel Macías -- Composición tipográfica, tratamiento de datos, diseño
editorial y ortotipografía