Re: [BUG] Re: The orgframe construct in the Beamer exporter as a default

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Re: The orgframe construct in the Beamer exporter as a default needs a rethink
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:33:11 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> Jup, of course. If you look in org-lint.el, one of the cases that would
> trigger a message is when the frame environment uses "frame" directly and
> there is a \begin{frame} in the org.
> Line 1522 onwards in org-lint.el

(1)
Sure, but we should not demand users to run org-lint. Ideally, exporting
any valid Org file should work.
The fact that the presence of \begin{frame} breaks beamer is a technical
detail users should better not be bothered with. That's why we added the
orgframe construct.

(2)
On the other hand, it is clear that Org mode users are unwilling to
tolerate too much of machine generated latex output. So, going further
and trying to generate unique orgframe environments might not be ideal.

The current approach is a balance between the above considerations.

AFAIU, what you propose is reverting the orgframe code; that goes
against the first point.

What I proposed is to reduce the amount of machine-generated code by
using `org-beamer-frame-environment' only when strictly necessary.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,