Re: [BUG] Re: The orgframe construct in the Beamer exporter as a default

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Re: The orgframe construct in the Beamer exporter as a default needs a rethink
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:12:25 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> I really don't have anything to object to the original patch. I support the
> need to circumvent the "\begin-or-end{frame} inside frame" problem and
> using orgframe is a clean way of doing so.
> My only concern is the _default_ value for `org-beamer-frame-environment'.
> If we set it to "frame", we only need to customise it in the file local
> variables in files where it needs to be changed and we catch all flies in a
> stroke:
>
> Situation 1: presentation has no "\begin-or-end{frame} inside frame" -> no
> extra stuff in file local variables AND newenvironment is not generated AND
> frames are between \begin{frame} and \end{frame}
> Situation 2: presentation needs to circumvent "\begin-or-end{frame} inside
> frame" -> set local variable in file AND newenvironment is generated AND
> frame is changed where it is strictly necessary,

I do not like that users would need to do manual action in situation 2.
For situation 1, Leo's patch will ensure that all the frames are between
\begin{frame}..\end{frame}, but newenvironment is still generated.

Leo, may you improve the patch to avoid defining
`org-beamer-frame-environment' when it is not used in all the frames?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,