Re: [Worg] CSS improvements

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: [Worg] CSS improvements
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:12:55 -0700

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

On 3/24/24 03:56, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:
I am not sure if centered text should stand out. AFAIU, you want to add this style for the sole purpose of highlighting

What is the purpose of centering text if not to make it stand out?
To align text. I am not sure why anything more is necessary - it is certainly counter-intuitive for me that "center" means something more than just alignment.

Again, what is the purpose of centering text? The answer, "To align text," is tautological.

I don't agree that it's tautological. Aligning text differently is already a method of emphasizing it. Double- or multi-emphasizing that text by adding even more styles to it leads me to question the value of centering it in the first place. I'm not claiming it's somehow wrong to use more than one emphasis though - this is just a thought!!!!

:)

--
David Rogers