How to organize tasks about Worg within Worg documents (was: Re: [Worg]

From: Adam Porter
Subject: How to organize tasks about Worg within Worg documents (was: Re: [Worg] CSS improvements)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:38:51 -0500

On 3/29/24 04:48, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

Also, we may consider re-using inlinetask style for TODO: entries.

Rather than
#+begin_center
TODO: Even better, find a volunteer to maintain this information!
#+end_center

We can do

**************************** TODO Even better, ...

That is a lot of asterisks, and I can't remember if inline tasks are
enabled by default.  :)  But in general, sure, I've no objection.  I
think that we should have some standard way to encode tasks within Worg
documents, regardless of what it is.

Yeah. And... we do.
https://orgmode.org/worg/worg-editing.html#orgce51883

Just a normal heading with TODO keyword.

I'm not sure that page really covers the question of how to present tasks about the document within the same document.

Using a normal heading for a task would "commandeer" the structure of the document, which I think is a real problem.

ISTM that there are a few potential solutions:

a. Using inline tasks.  Although not enabled by default, they seem to
   solve the problem pretty well.

b. Using commented lines, i.e.

     # TODO: Improve this information.

   Potentially we could even comment Org syntax within the file, like:

     # * TODO Improve this information  :research_needed:

   Which encodes a normal Org heading but as a commented line, so it
   wouldn't affect the structure of the document itself.  Of course,
   that would not appear in the exported content, which is probably not
   what we want; but those headings could still be collected, e.g. by
   something like magit-todos.

c. Keeping tasks in a separate file.  We do already have the /todo.org
   file, so maybe this is what we should standardize on, i.e. never
   putting tasks in the documents themselves but only in this file.

Regardless of the decision, I do think that having this stated as a policy somewhere would be helpful.

WDYT?