RE: [freesci-develop] Release Candidate 2: Please test

From: Hugues Valois
Subject: RE: [freesci-develop] Release Candidate 2: Please test
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:45:02 -0800

> http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/creichen/freesci/freesci-0.6.3-rc2a.tar.gz
>
> (this should be identical to rc2, except for the inclusion of
> dx_driver.cpp).

This new package is still missing dx_driver.cpp.

After bypassing compilation of the DirectX driver, I still had build errors
using Visual C++ 2005. To fix them I had to

- add to freesci.def:
  version_guess_from_hashcode
  version_detect_from_executable

- modify resource.h to
  #define sci_unlink _unlink
  #define sci_rmdir _rmdir

- change snprintf to _snprintf in game_select_scan_info

After that it builds and runs my SQ3 fine.

However, in the console the version is reported as 0.6.2-devel, and that's
because VERSION is defined twice in sciv.vcproj:
- once in C/C++ Preprocessor project settings (0.6.3-dev)
- once in C/C++ Command line project settings (0.6.2-devel) which has
precedence and should be removed

That's it.  Hopefully these comments will help the Win32 maintainer make the
necessary updates.

hugues

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.