Re: [freesci-develop] Release Candidate 2: Please test

From: Matt
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Release Candidate 2: Please test
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:13:56 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Christoph Reichenbach wrote:

For VM crashes, typing 'bt' and including that output can also be useful sometimes.

SQ3:
Seg faults during intro before the glass slides away from Roger's face.
Here is the last messages on the shell.
The core dump is at
http://de.geocities.com/robertwenner/core-sq3.zip

 Your core file does not appear to include debug symbols (or
otherwise by gdb is confused).  Could you try re-running this, and
this time run with 0.6.3 compiled via

 CFLAGS="-g -O0" ./configure && make

please?  This will give a noticeably slower executable, but I should
be able to figure out what I need from there.

You could also try running valgrind and giving the output right before the crash. This may provide the information necessary to pinpoint and fix the problem more quickly.

KQ4:

Sometimes in scenes like Rosella cleaning up the dwarves' house, it seems
the game hogs all the processor resources (admittedly, this is an old
machine). The game briefly freezes and the console has lots of these
messages:
Looping song iterator 00230014.
and sometimes
Looping song iterator 001a0014.

This is the same bug I saw in scenes with pan playing his flute.