Re: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:29:35 +0200

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 04:15:33PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> Do you think we can integrate it in the upcoming release? This would
> be great because so I can follow the CVS changes and contribute to it
> as well.

You can follow CVS changes and contribute even if AGG doesn't fit in
this release, anyway, as far as your changes won't break existing
renderer I'd include it in next release... it's use would be optional
so should be no problem.

> At the moment the source code files are carved by comment blocks and
> "#if 0"s which should be definitely removed. I can still find any line
> that I changed because I always added a comment ("added by Udo" and
> such).

Comments are always good to leave in source code.

> So, how can we commit all my changes into CVS?

Are you working with a synced CVS working copy ?

First step would be running 'cvs update' and resolve any eventual
conflict introduced while you were busy with your code.

Next you might provide a patch for us to check which introduces
the new design (including documentation) and compatibility layers.
That'll let us run some tests with the existing gui and backends.

Finally we can add the AGG backend and provide ./configure switches
for it.