Re: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:52:41 -0600

strk wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 04:15:33PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> You can follow CVS changes and contribute even if AGG doesn't fit in
> this release, anyway, as far as your changes won't break existing
> renderer I'd include it in next release... it's use would be optional
> so should be no problem.

  I'd agree. If it doesn't break the existing support for OpenGL, I'd
love to see these changes make it in the release.

> Comments are always good to leave in source code.

  Yep, although I'd probably edit the "by Udo" part, and just make sure
you have sufficiently detailed ChangeLog entries.

>> So, how can we commit all my changes into CVS?
> First step would be running 'cvs update' and resolve any eventual
> conflict introduced while you were busy with your code.

  If you get an account on savannah.gnu.org, you can then ask to be a
member of the Gnash project, and I'll add you as a member. At that point
you can checkin your changes directly. I'll also have to send you the
copyright assignment form to the FSF, as Gnash is GPL'd.

> Next you might provide a patch for us to check which introduces
> the new design (including documentation) and compatibility layers.

  A patch or tarball would be nice so the rest of us can make sure no
subtle bugs get introduced. And yes, documentation would be nice.

> Finally we can add the AGG backend and provide ./configure switches
> for it.

  I added those a few days ago on the assumption this work was
proceeding nicely. :-)