Re: [Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:56:30 +0200

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:03:36PM +0200, Hannes Mayr wrote:

> The GTK-AGG GUI so far works perfectly. Except that the window resizing
> acts strange, but this is a known issue, isn't it?

I think I fixed this in current CVS, but you need to tell me more
about the 'strangeness'.

> As mentioned I had to modify a bit the code in gtk.cpp. There is a
> GtkGui::init and a GtkGui::createWindow function. Basically the whole
> initialization is done in GtkGui::init, also the window creation. The
> problem with this is, that init is called before the swf movie is read,
> so the movie size is unknown during the window and renderer creation in
> init(). As AGG needs to know width/height I moved all the code for the
> creation of the window and the renderer to the createWindow() function.
> What I've seen there should be no problem, but is there a reason why
> this code was put into init() and could it break something if we move it
> from there?

IIRC some renderers needed the window to exist before they could be
created. I think cairo is one of these.
A solution might be to encode these changes into the GtkGlue stuff.
Gui interfaces still need some cleanups.

I suggest you just commit your changes and we all check what breaks.
Martin's setup seems an excellent resource here :)