[Gnash-dev] Font antialiasing (was: GTK-AGG GUI)

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Font antialiasing (was: GTK-AGG GUI)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:25:01 +0200

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 06:57:56PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> If it is just for the stage size we could split renderer
> initialisation in two parts. First the renderer is initialized so that
> at least the create_bitmap_xxx functions are available (before
> parsing). Then, with an additional call the renderer is fully
> initialized with the stage size (during/after parsing). Would this be
> a solution?

This can be a solution for the 'renderer' availability during
parse time, anyway this was already fixed by all but GTK/AGG
combination.

The other problem we have, and that persist with all renderers
(what we call 'font antialiasing'), is the current implementaion
of fonts glyph rendering. It relies on the fact that the whole
SWF has been parsed before rendering the textured glyphs.
It must be modified to allow on-demand rendering of them,
or, if you prefer, right-after-reading-definition rendering
of each font.