Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash extensions question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash extensions question
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:41:32 -0700

Martin Guy wrote:
> 2006/11/27, Rob Savoye <address@hidden>:
>
> Lovely idea. I am only worried about slower startup or lumpy playback.
> It's a situation analogous to static linking vs shared library loading, and
> a quick test between bash and bash-static shows bash, which only has 4

  Since the plugin mechanism uses the same API as all the existing
classes, it's trivial to set things up so a Class could be compiled into
the executable, or loaded dynamically. We'd probably add an option like
"--with-extensions=String,Math,Boolean" to specify what should get
linked in at compile time vs what gets loaded dynamically. Loading a
plugin is pretty fast though, as all I do is find the *_class_init
function and call it.