gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Sounds for login

From: crap0101
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Sounds for login
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 06:29:33 +0100

Il giorno dom, 06/03/2011 alle 11.33 +0200, Iurie Nistor ha scritto:
> Hello!
>
> As the theme[1] for Parkes is astronomy, and because Parkes is a
> observatory[2], I propose the login sound to be inspired from the sound
> of some real pulsars recorded. Look here the sounds of the pulsars  in
> 47 Tucanae[3](very interesting):
>

> http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~pulsar/Education/Sounds/47tuc1-8000.wav
>
> or here
>
> http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~pulsar/Education/Sounds/47tuc2-8000.wav
>
> The problem is I couldn't find sounds released under the creative
> commons license.

i found this:
http://www.eso.org/public/archives/releases/audio/eso0215/eso0215.mp3
from: http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso0215/
seem to be CC-BY
http://www.eso.org/public/outreach/copyright.html
although that page spoke only about videos and images.

maybe there are other sounds there.

--
me -> http://crap0101.gnu-darwin.org/