gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Sounds for login

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Sounds for login
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:56:54 +0200

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 06:29:33 +0100, crap0101 <address@hidden> wrote:
Il giorno dom, 06/03/2011 alle 11.33 +0200, Iurie Nistor ha scritto:
Hello!

As the theme[1] for Parkes is astronomy, and because Parkes is a
observatory[2], I propose the login sound to be inspired from the sound of some real pulsars recorded. Look here the sounds of the pulsars in
47 Tucanae[3](very interesting):

http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~pulsar/Education/Sounds/47tuc1-8000.wav

or here

http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/~pulsar/Education/Sounds/47tuc2-8000.wav

The problem is I couldn't find sounds released under the creative
commons license.

i found this:
http://www.eso.org/public/archives/releases/audio/eso0215/eso0215.mp3
from: http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso0215/
seem to be CC-BY
http://www.eso.org/public/outreach/copyright.html
although that page spoke only about videos and images.

maybe there are other sounds there.

Just to know, am I the only one to hate hearing sound when you start up?

Should we decide if we do want a sound at all before choosing which sound?

my 2 cents

--
Graziano
http://arc.noblogs.org/