gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Sounds for login

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Sounds for login
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 19:35:49 +0100

Graziano wrote:
On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 22:22:43 +0100, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
That said, we should only include a login sound if we get something
good. Frankly, "real" astronomy sounds (e.g. pulsars) are boring. I'm
thinking more science fiction than science. E.g. something along the
lines of the intro to Babylon Zoo's Spaceman. For length the aim
should be around 3 seconds. Certainly not longer than 5 seconds.

I agree with the science fiction idea but I listened to the sound you proposed and found it a bit too "aggressive" to be a login sound IMHO.

We should find something more relaxing.

Agreed. "Spaceman" was the first thing I could think of as an example of "sci-fi". Well, that and Dr. Who's theme, but that's a bit loud.