guix-devel

Re: native-search-paths and shepherd services (help wanted)

From: Jonathan Frederickson
Subject: Re: native-search-paths and shepherd services (help wanted)
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 19:10:19 +0000

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020, at 10:28 AM, Brice Waegeneire wrote:
> I think I got it working, I managed to log and "play" on the server.
>
> You were really close to have a working service for minetest though. You
> were only missing the environment variable MINETEST_SUBGAME_PATH and
> *maybe* your profile-service-type extension was wrong (I just blandly
> copied how it was done for SDDM). I have attached your games.scm with
> the added fixes.

Aha, thank you very much! I didn't know where the profile path was for the
current system, so that was very helpful.

I'm still not quite sure I have a good understanding of when
'native-search-paths' applies and when it doesn't, but... at least setting the
env var directly seems to work in this case.