Re: How to add "Up:" to Texinfo navigation bar?

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: How to add "Up:" to Texinfo navigation bar?
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 13:01:40 +0200

Patrice Dumas <pertusus@free.fr> writes:

>> I wonder, could we also introduce MATHJAX_ASYNCHRONOUS, set to true by
>> default?  With that, the user will, at last, have full control over
>> MathJax in Texinfo HTML exports.
>
> The sed seems enough to me, especially for something that is more
> relevant locally, we already have too many customization variables.

Upon further 4-hour research and experimentation, I have decided to ship
without `async', that is with the `sed' hack, for it is the only way to
get rid of the flicker while retaining support for all browsers.

Thus, please know that the `MATHJAX_ASYNCHRONOUS' option would play an
important role for publishing manuals that are, entirely or partially,
centered around mathematical content.

TL;DR It is not just for local testing.

Rudy
--
"'Obvious' is all too often a synonym for 'wrong'."
--- Jeff Erickson, Algorithms, 2019

Rudolf Adamkovič <rudolf@adamkovic.org> [he/him]
http://adamkovic.org