Capability simulation

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Capability simulation
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:49:32 -0500

I would like to BEG that we change a term before it is too late.

A few days ago, Marcus mentioned "virtualizing" capabilities. This
followed an earlier use of this term on cap-talk.

I would like to request that we instead use the term "simulating", as
in: "capability X simulates the behavior of capability Y".

I suggest this for two reasons:

1. I think that it is a clearer term for what we are talking about.

2. It avoids confusion with other uses of the term "virtualize".