Re: hel-arabic.ly

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: hel-arabic.ly
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 08:18:39 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm not insulting anyone.

It is not up to you to decide that.

> These are facts.

It is always possible to argue without using foul language.

> Of course if you modify certain scheme files and remove the parts
> that concern hel-arabic, it may not work.  I challenge you, my
> initial version which did not depend at all on Lilypond worked very
> well without modifying anything.  Initial hel-arabic which does not
> depend on lilypond allows you to write any Western or Arabic music,
> after which I modified it so that it integrates perfectly with
> lilypond.  hel-arabic.ly initially could be called directly, by
> putting it in the folder containing the ly file to compile.

This is not integration at all.  What you describe is an *add-on*
file, without any integration.  If you insist on that we can easily
remove `hel-arabic.ly` from LilyPond.

> I had proven at the time to James that hel-arabic.ly could be used
> without modifying anything, he had wanted the integration of this
> hel-arabic file and I was forced to modify certain scheme files to
> that the integration goes well

You were 'forced'?  I doubt that.  You could always have said 'no, I
don't want that'.

    Werner