Re: hel-arabic.ly

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: hel-arabic.ly
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 05:13:07 +0000 (UTC)

> Before offering hel-arabic.ly, I tested it for 4 years, it worked
> with all versions of lilypond.

*Here* is the fundamental error you make: `hel-arabic.ly` is *NOT* a
file that works stand-alone with all LilyPond versions!  All LilyPond
files that are part of version X.Y.Z are bound to this version.  The
official interface is

```
\include "hel-arabic.ly"
```

and you get the expected result in combination with `convert-ly`.  How
the stuff is actually implemented is not of any concern for a user.
In other words, you have to make sure that you don't have a private
`hel-arabic.ly` file somewhere that might interfere.

If you can demonstrate that an input file doesn't work correctly with
the code in the merge request, we are going to fix this.  Up to now,
however, I only see faulty tests on your side, insults, and unfounded
accusations.

    Werner