openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Compiling on Nvidia/Linux

From: John Coldrick
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Compiling on Nvidia/Linux
Date: 24 Jan 2003 11:04:12 -0500

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 19:32, Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:
> Hello Jon,
>
> It looks like you need to link -lpthread after the GL libraries.
> However I am not sure wheter this issue is happening becuase of a
> configure glitch or because of you fltk install.
> BTW Openexr compiled beautifully on my box which is a straight rh8.0
> system NVidia drivers/libs + fltk self compiled.

        Thanks Giuseppe and Frederic for your suggestions - it was indeed the
fltk install!  By default, certain configure flags for fltk weren't set
to allow GL on Redhat Linux(I guess they "dumbed down" the install for
certain platforms), so after fiddling about for a while, I got both it
and EXR to compile successfully!

        Cheers,

        J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
address@hidden                                        M5V 1S4
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one
works.