Re: [paragui-users] Puzzled newbie question

From: Guillaume Schmid
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Puzzled newbie question
Date: 29 Apr 2002 17:18:09 +0200

Le lun 29/04/2002 à 16:26, Andrew Ford a écrit :
> What about reference counting on the widgets?  Then it
> can go ahead and destroy itself when its reference
> count it zero.  Then we could let it hold a reference
> to itself while processing an event so that it could
> not be deleted until it's done.  There are some
> exception safe reference counters and other good stuff
> at www.boost.org

Would it be possible for the ListBoxItem to lock it's parent's mutex ?
It would have to redefine the ProcessEvent Method.
I realize that it would only move the problem to an other level (it
would segfault on the parent mutex if a event handler on an item would
remove the parent listbox but...)
I dont know if this can be generalized (I dont even know if it is a good
idea :).

a++
Guillaume.