Re: [paragui-users] Puzzled newbie question

From: Guillaume Schmid
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Puzzled newbie question
Date: 29 Apr 2002 17:31:22 +0200

Maybe an other idea (I dont know if it is applicable :)

>From what I anderstood from the code, the floww of operation is like
this:
a static function PG_MessageObject::PumpIntoEventQueue find the widget
concerned by the event (by a recursive search) and ask this widget to
handle the event with PG_Widget::ProcessEvent.

This function does the following:
1 - Acquire it's mutex.

2 - Ask it's parent or it's children to process the event by calling
recursively ProcessEvent.

3 - Release the Mutex.

It mean that for each delegation of a parent or a children, a new mutex
is acqired and released.
At the second level, is this necessary to re-lock a mutex since we are
already in an exclusive section ?
Is there any cases where the second level on locking is mandatory ?
If it is not the case a solution might be to lock at the
PG_MessageObject::PumpIntoEventQueue function (might not be what we
could call a fine grained locking but that might fix the problem... :)

Does this make sense ?

a++
Guillaume.