Re: [paragui-users] a small quick question (for opengl support)

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] a small quick question (for opengl support)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

On 5 Jun 2002, Alexander Pipelka wrote:

> The following 2 functions might be handy:
>
> PG_Application::SetBulkMode(true);
>
> PG_Widget::BulkBlit();
> This blits all visible widgets to the screen surface.

That's what I thought :)
Okay - then I'll start hunting why these two functions cause lockups on my
computer (app stops responding to events and kill -9 is the only way to
shut it down).  Seems to be a glSDL/paragui interaction problem....

Am starting to think that rendering frames onto textures (including the
background of course) and then using the resultant textures in rendering
loop.  Which of course matches your description earlier :)

oh - I've been working with the CVS of the new version - would API changes
(if necessary - I haven't yet found any that would be needed :) be
possible there?

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis
PS: and this is prolly not going to happen from me but if I can somehow
get OpenGL working with paragui decently I'll look to trying Direct3D next
*grin*.  That could be weird as I'm not sure how well SDL interacts with
Direct3D...