Re: [paragui-users] a small quick question (for opengl support)

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] a small quick question (for opengl support)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Andrew Ford wrote:

> I don't think any changes to the api would be
> necessary when using paragui in the double-buffer
> style.

'struth

> As for paragui rendering to texture, that's already
> what glsdl is supposed to do.  Man, I wish I had my
> computer with me so that I could look into this stuff
> too...

Only prob is I've got to find some way that when rendering everything gets
rendered - and glSDL doesn't really like SDL_Surfaces being changed often.
Thinking of taking some ideas from gtv (OpenGL movie player in smpeg
source tree)...  still exploring this.

> What 3D accelerator are you using, by the way?

Matrox G450 Dualhead
It's not "latest'n'greatest" but I like it so far.
although second display isn't accelerated as far as I can tell...

am now VERY strongly considering a hardware-abstraction layer of some
kind.  which is what glSDL does, but there's advantages to knowing how
code is going to use texture memory.  Could possibly be done hidden
inside paragui without exposing it... maybe...  but it would be better
shown *g*

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis