Re: [paragui-users] gradient fix....

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] gradient fix....
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 03:05:37 -0800 (PST)

On 1 Nov 2002, Alexander Pipelka wrote:

> Am Don, 2002-10-31 um 23.29 schrieb Teunis Peters:
> > well THAT just takes the fun out of everything *silly grin*
> > paratest now runs without crashing...
> >
> > Where's the fun in that? :)
>
> Don't worry. There's enough fun coming up :))

*wicked grin*
besides the OpenGL bugs are still bothering me.  Now I've only got one
texture repeated ad nauseum.  Go figure...

> > Ummm... now to find out why opengl's not rendering backgrounds... that's
> > next.  After that, how to prevent surface conversion of pictures for
> > widgets.  OpenGL engine VERY picky about pixel formats btw!  it only
> > supports 24bit RGB and 32bit RGBA at this time.
> >
> > Oh, is anyone interested in pluggable widget modules?  Kind of like being
> > able to add an "mpeg player" object or the like from a plugin dir?
> > Just thinking it beats growing the core....
>
> Yes. I was thinking about this some time ago.
> Would be great.

Very simple...  Jsut need to have some kind of API for it....
(ie: a way to configure XML and provide signal hooks :)
I keep thinking of exploring XMLRPC (which yes I -did- have working and
could again :)

> I'm thinking about removing the ligsigcx dependency. We only need *one*
> function from the lib and it adds a dependency to glib (!!!). I think we
> should just put the convert function in our code.

*augh*.  It's a painful function, takes lots of support.  Was removed from
sigc++ 'cause maintaniers refuse to mess with it anymore.
I looked at it and ummm... it's possible... *wry grin*.
I gave up myself and switched to sigcx because it was less work....

> If you think it's ok i'll do that.

If you can find a way to avoid it, I'm in favour.
sigcx is a nice enough lib, but yah it does add unnecessary dependencies.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis
PS: looks like another sleepless night.  I work in ummm 6 hours...