Re: [paragui-users] gradient fix....

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] gradient fix....
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:30:29 -0800 (PST)

On 1 Nov 2002, Alexander Pipelka wrote:

> Am Fre, 2002-11-01 um 15.36 schrieb Dinand Vanvelzen:
> > I dont know how to make that Teunis but i like the idea for bigger widgets
> > like an Mpeg player.
> > offcourse for an mpeg player you would want to custumize the controls for
> > it,.. *dreams on*
> >
> > Would be nice to divide the widgests into groups and have #define compile
> > switches to remove unneeded widget groups.kinda like Delphi and C++ Builder.
>
> Maybe worth thinking about that. But i think it would be better to split
> ParaGUI into several smaller libs (e.g. paraguibase, paraguiwidgets,
> paraguilayout, ...).

*heh* thought about that too - I don't know about the "widgets" per se -
but the rest of the system's pretty inseperable.
There's a lot of cross-dependencies.  At this point the only external
dependencies the videodriver core has is with pgapplication and the
fontlib (which really -should- be part of the graphics engine anyways) but
that's one of the smallest cross-dependencies.

note that the core won't work without the videodrivers..  'nuff on that
one.  Although I'm still thinking of taking the SDL videodriver out and
seperating it.

Aside on SDL driver: due to the construction of certain platforms (ie:
windows/directx), initializing SDL is kind of picky.  I'm going to attack
this once I attack windows/directx.   All the core SDL functionality must
be activated at once there (afaik) - video/sound/...

The short answer?
Some of the widgets could possibly be seperated into a widget-toolset.
But other than that paragui's too full of crossdependencies to seperate
much further.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis