Re: [paragui-users] gradient fix....

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] gradient fix....
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:19:26 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Dinand Vanvelzen wrote:

> I dont know how to make that Teunis but i like the idea for bigger widgets
> like an Mpeg player.
> offcourse for an mpeg player you would want to custumize the controls for
> it,.. *dreams on*

No prob in the sigc++ api.  Actually wrote this one a WHILE ago...  and
sent in a copy even.  Don't know if it ever got merged in.

Will rewrite it for videodriver-based system (ie: opengl branch :) where
the rules of video are a little different...  oh and an XML def so that
the paragui XML stuff can see it.

> Would be nice to divide the widgests into groups and have #define compile
> switches to remove unneeded widget groups.kinda like Delphi and C++ Builder.

No point really - the core widgetset is pretty much necessary (for
internal reasons if nothing else) and external plugins would get compiled
seperately anyways...  it's a different environment entirely.
oh and since widgets are in seperate headers anyways.....

Mind you I suppose a "superheader" could be built containing -all- the
core widgets with optional enabling for apps.  Anyone want to write one?
:)

> And about the pixel format,.. you mean for the entire OpenGL rendering
> context or only for the data the ParaGUI section gets pertaining to gfx and
> whatnot. ?

yes *g*.  Actually OpenGL has a number of pixel formats it supports.
About umm 12-ish.  Which is considerably -less- than what SDL supports.
It also has a couple of formats that SDL can't describe very well...
but the paragui/opengl driver only supports 2 at this time.

> Teunis Rulez :)
> *votes teunis for president* , this all will greatly cut down on my workload
> for cross-platform projects ( mainly cuz of OpenGL support making it a verry
> handy toolkit ).

Thank you thank you *bows*  *sillygrin*
The OpenGL stuff still needs work and I -do- intend to *attempt* a
DirectX driver after that.... *grin*

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis