Re: [paragui-users] Don't R.I.P., ParaGUI :'(

From: Antony Shaleynikov
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Don't R.I.P., ParaGUI :'(
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:54:21 +0300

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:47:11 +0200
"H. C." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> It's always hard to come home after a GREAT holiday - but this time it's
> incredibly hard.
> Many thanks to Alex for having started this impressive project. It's damn
> painful to see you leaving it behind. I wish you good luck for your future
> projects.
> Once again one might postulate that the Open Source doctrine is hyped. Yep,
> I do understand Alex's arguments very well.
> But I hope people will be found to keep this project alive - it already
> features lots of powerful and useful things, but there's still much to be
> done. As it was already mentioned, many of us still want to support it, but
> many of us just lack the time.
> I'm quite new to programming - I really lack both the appropriate skills and
> the time to take any leadership role. Nevertheless, I've already sent some
> minor patches in the past and I'll still try to do so.
> Again: Please keep this great project alive!!
>
> Regards,
>     H. C.

Hi all.

I have some time to spend on this project, but first of all I need to know,
what features need to be implemented or bugs fixed.

In my opinion there are must be the following (that's all that I lack in
ParaGUI ):

* VFS abstration layer (maybe it isn't a ParaGUI task)
* OpenGL support for drawing controls (work on it stopped more than year ago )
* More complex controls (file selector for example)

Any suggestions?

--
Best regards,
Antony Shaleynikov