Re: [paragui-users] Don't R.I.P., ParaGUI :'(

From: Antony Shaleynikov
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Don't R.I.P., ParaGUI :'(
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:35:16 +0300

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:01:26 -0400 (CLT)
Eric Ross <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Antony Shaleynikov wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:47:11 +0200
> > "H. C." <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have some time to spend on this project, but first of all I need to know,
> > what features need to be implemented or bugs fixed.
>
> Cool :)
> >
> > In my opinion there are must be the following (that's all that I lack in
> > ParaGUI ):
> >
> > * VFS abstration layer (maybe it isn't a ParaGUI task)
>
> VFS is really cool, but do we need it ? I think it would look very good
> using a fileselector which supports vfs, but is there another real use to
> it ?
Hm...
As for me, I use VFS in my project. My little vfs lib provides
some sort of device abstraction. I use uri like "cdrom://file.ext" or
"config://main.cfg" to gain access to files in cd-rom drive or config dir.

> BTW, i think we could use an external vfs lib (adding another dependency
> to the lib) if we found one good enought (and avoid spending much
> time writing one from scratch)
If You found a good VFS lib, post a message. I haven't found yet.

> > * More complex controls (file selector for example)
>
> This should be (in my oppinion) in a separate lib. fileselector,
> colorpicker, dirselector, etc, are common enought to every one use it, but
> to avoid the bloat it have to be outside the main lib.
I'm wholly agree.

--
Best regards,
Antony Shaleynikov