Re: [paragui-users] Why use XML for configuration?

From: Asko Kauppi
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Why use XML for configuration?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:18:02 +0300

I think Lua can be used for remote controlling. I haven't done that myself, but have heard of a case where Lua scriptlets were thrown back-and-forth over RS-232 to remote control a device.

What i'd need for a good Lua wrapper, is clear and simple C/C++ interface that the scripts can build upon. This easily leads into a two-level implementation where part of the library is (for performance of other reasons) C++ code, whereas the upper levels would be implemented as scripts (coding a script is _much_ more efficient timewise than doing the same by C/C++).

-ak

Teunis Peters kirjoittaa lauantaina, 26. heinäkuuta 2003, kello 08:57: