Re: [paragui-users] Don't R.I.P., ParaGUI :'(

From: Eric Ross
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Don't R.I.P., ParaGUI :'(
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:01:26 -0400 (CLT)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Antony Shaleynikov wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:47:11 +0200
> "H. C." <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have some time to spend on this project, but first of all I need to know,
> what features need to be implemented or bugs fixed.

Cool :)

> In my opinion there are must be the following (that's all that I lack in
> ParaGUI ):
>
> * VFS abstration layer (maybe it isn't a ParaGUI task)

VFS is really cool, but do we need it ? I think it would look very good
using a fileselector which supports vfs, but is there another real use to
it ?

BTW, i think we could use an external vfs lib (adding another dependency
to the lib) if we found one good enought (and avoid spending much
time writing one from scratch)

> * More complex controls (file selector for example)

This should be (in my oppinion) in a separate lib. fileselector,
colorpicker, dirselector, etc, are common enought to every one use it, but
to avoid the bloat it have to be outside the main lib.

Eric.
--
The names of their development products, visual this, visual that, almost
makes one think that you can create software just by looking at your computer