Re: [paragui-users] Why use XML for configuration?

From: Mark Junker
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Why use XML for configuration?
Date: 26 Jul 2003 17:10:00 +0100

> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Asko Kauppi wrote:

>> Imho, something like Lua does the job of (dynamic) configuration
>> better. It doesn't have configuration / programming split. It's all
>> both. Better than XML. Better than (shell) scripts. Better than
>> anything?
> personally I wanted to use XML for CONTROLLING paragui.  For remote
> calling, subprogs and the like.  Lua's not much use for that.
I think Lua is perfectly suited for that. It "metatable" feature and the
possibility to make C functions available to Lua scripts is all you'll need.

However, I think about using Lua as a main part for the next embedded
application I have to write because it contains everything I need.

The interfaces are very simple and it contains almost what I need for this
project. The only thing I had to change was the binary load/unload part to
make it non-processor specific (little/big endian stuff).

Regards,
Mark Junker