Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Documentating hosting requirements

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Documentating hosting requirements
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:35:31 +0100

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:07:56 +0100
Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't think a hacker can understand your suggestion unless he's
> already familiar with the issue.
>
> Anyway that's just one example taken from the full list.

I don't care how many examples there are. I am trying to fix it and
seek advice from other people. It's called criticism.

> It's more important that people understand our values than just obey
> the requirements.

Rewrite the title of the document to be "Values", and then maybe your
form will follow your function. This is what I see:

Summary -> Summary -> Explanation of Issues.
                  -> Summary > Explanation of issues.

The issues are explained, but we are avoiding the explanation so that
we simplify for those dumb people we call "hackers". If you wish to
continue doing this, go for it. Many of your administrators will
not be able to do this for very long. Have you not found it difficult
enough to appeal people who want to help free software? People will see
right through this and realize it is a waste time and effort.

The GNU Philosophy, our "values", are buried for requirements, which
turned out not to be requirements.

--
Nicodemo